Hakim Sabzevari University

About the University:

Hakim Sabzevari University is a public university in Sabzevar, Khorasan Razavi province. And was established in 1987. Currently, 9192 students and 674 professors are working in this center. According to the analysis, this center has published 3282 scientific articles in domestic journals and conferences. Hakim Sabzevari University is the owner and publisher of 5 specialized journals and so far 9 conferences have been held by Hakim Sabzevari University.

دانشگاه حکیم سبزواری

The university currently has 202 full-time faculty members, including 59 instructors, 125 assistant professors, 17 associate professors, and 2 full professors. Along with full-time faculty members, 195 faculty members also cooperate with the university in the field of education. It is also worth noting that 237 staff members work in different parts of the university and provide services to students.

At present, the university has 33 departments, 139 fields of study, in undergraduate (64 majors), part-time bachelor (3 majors), master (59 majors) and doctoral (13 majors), in 10 faculties with a population of over 10,200 students in There are daily, night and part-time courses.

  • Literature and Humanities
  • Theology and Islamic Sciences
  • Sports Science
  • Geography and Environmental Sciences
  • Mathematics and Computer Science
  • Science
  • Engineering
  • Electrical and Computer Engineering
  • Architectural and Urban Engineering
  • Petroleum and Petrochemical Engineering

University faculties

Faculty of Literature and Humanities

The Faculty of Literature and Humanities started its teaching and research activities in 1987 as the first faculty established at Hakim Sabzevari University. At present, 5 groups of Persian language and literature, English language and literature, French language and literature, educational sciences and political sciences are in charge of education and research affairs of about 1300 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students.

Faculty of Theology and Islamic Studies

The Faculty of Theology and Islamic Studies was established in 2010 and currently has five undergraduate, seven postgraduate and one doctoral programs.

School of Physical Education

Faculty of Physical Education and Sports Sciences with the Department of Physical Education in 1997 under the auspices of the Faculty of Literature and Humanities, began its educational activities with two faculty members in February 1997 the first group of undergraduate physical education teachers 30 people started their studies in this educational group. By attracting two educational experts and recruiting faculty members, the necessary equipment and educational facilities for this field such as multi-purpose sports halls, wrestling and table tennis, swimming pool, lawn and gym were provided. With the increase in the number of faculty members and the necessary facilities, in 2005 a master’s degree in general orientation was launched. Also, in 2007, the trend of sports physiology in the master’s degree, in 1390, the trend of sports physiology in the doctoral program, and in 1392, the trend of motor behavior and sports management in the master’s degree were launched.
The Faculty of Physical Education was established in October 2008 with the approval of the University Council. In addition to training specialized personnel (bachelor, master and doctorate), this school offers more than 80 general physical education classes 1 and 2 for 1600 students of other fields every semester.

Faculty of Geography and Environmental Sciences

This faculty started in 2010 with the separation of the departments of Geography from the Faculty of Literature and Humanities and the Department of Environment from the Faculty of Basic Sciences, as an independent faculty with 3 departments of Natural Geography, Human Geography and Environment. At present, with 23 faculty members, it has more than 825 students in day and night courses in associate, bachelor, part-time, master and doctoral courses.

Active journal in the faculty:

  • Iranian Journal of Applied Geomorphology
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science

The Faculty of Mathematics is one of the first departments that has started working since the establishment of the university and currently has 4 field codes in undergraduate, 15 field codes in master’s degree and 2 field codes in doctoral degree (algebra and analysis).
Faculty research activities:

  • Holding the seminar “The 22nd Iranian Algebra Seminar” – 2011
  • Holding a seminar on “General Algebraic Structures” – 2012
  • Holding a seminar “Sixth seminar on harmonic analysis and applications” – 2017
Faculty of Basic Sciences

The Faculty of Basic Sciences started its scientific, educational and research activities independently in 1373. At present, the three departments of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics under the auspices of this faculty are in charge of education and research affairs of about 1592 students in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees.
Number of ISI faculty articles:

  • Chemistry Department: 203 ISI articles
  • Physics Department: 178 ISI Papers
  • Department of Biology: 90 ISI articles
Faculty of Engineering

The Faculty of Engineering started its teaching and research activities in 1997 along with the faculties of literature, humanities and basic sciences. Currently, 10 technical and engineering departments are operating in 4 separate colleges. Of these, three groups of civil engineering, mechanical engineering, and polymer materials engineering under the auspices of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology are in charge of education and research affairs of nearly 960 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students.

School of Electrical and Computer Engineering

The history of the establishment of this college dates back to 1997 and the admission of students in the field of electricity, associate degree in the Faculty of Engineering. With the completion of faculty members and equipping laboratories and launching the fields of electrical-electronic engineering, mechatronics engineering and computer engineering, the Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering became independent in 2009. At present, the college has about 922 students in various fields of electrical engineering, medical engineering and mechatronics.

Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning

The Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning started its educational and research activities in 2003. The faculty currently operates with two departments of architectural engineering and restoration of historic buildings. It should be noted that the beginning of the activity of the Department of Architecture and student admission in this field dates back to 1997.
This faculty is the first faculty of architecture and urban planning in the east of the country and currently with 11 faculty members, it has more than 395 undergraduate and graduate students.

Faculty of Petroleum and Petrochemical Engineering

The Faculty of Petroleum and Petrochemical Engineering was put into operation in March 2009 with the presence of the then Minister of Petroleum with 3,000 square meters of infrastructure, which includes 12 classrooms, 8 laboratories and an amphitheater with a capacity of 206 people. This faculty started its activities in October 2009 by accepting students in the fields of Petroleum Engineering (Exploration Orientation) and Chemical Engineering in the undergraduate level and currently has 508 students and 10 faculty members.

Menu